Thursday, July 17, 2008

Peace

So today I woke up at 5:30am and went to the gym with Dina. We worked out for a 1/2 hour, got showered and ready and I dropped her off at Sam's Club. I then went to Wal-Mart at 8:30am to talk to personnel about getting a job there. They informed me that personnel was in a meeting and wouldn't be available until after 10. So I went to my favorite spot, Banres grabbed a cup of coffee, and did my devotions.

It was actually an amazing time with the Lord. I am going through a book called The Intentional Woman. Last summer my church took a number of ladies on a retreat to Roanoke and we had to buy this book for a study the one day. We only went over one chapter of the book and it was good but I never had time (because of school) to do the rest. My amazing friend and hairdresser Sarah and I were talking before I left about me not knowing what my dream, purpose, and direction are in life. I was venting my frustration and she told me to read the whole book, and it may help me in my quest for all these things.

So today I read two chapters, and was really encouraged. Moving here has been fun but also a dark time for me. I always have a "plan" no matter what I do or where I go. Alaska has totally thrown that off and everything up here has been without a plan, and not what I expected. Everyone says that this is an exciting time in my life and I am doing a once in a lifetime thing, but for me I often sit and regret "leaping" and part of me wishes I could have stayed in my comfort zone for a little longer. Anyaways, So today as I got into the second chapter a number of verses were brought to my attention and I felt as if the Lord was speaking to me and whispering to me that just because I do not have everything planned out right now He does, and this time is for something greater than I know and that He is always there and will provide if I trust Him.

Here are some verses that encouraged me:
Ephesians 1:11 (msg) "It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for."

Plam 138:8 "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever."

Isaiah 42:16 "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them, I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them." -This made me think of my time in Alaska. It is "unfamiliar", I feel as if I am blind in the "darkness" on in a "rough place", but I know that no matter what God is with me, and he is leading me towards the "light". :)

Psalm 32:8 (nlt) "The Lord says "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." - This verse really spoke to me because I felt as if the Lord was saying "Erin I know what is best for you always and I have an amazing purpose for your life. I will always be right beside you on that path of life I carved just for you and I will protect you, encourage you, love you and guide you through it all.....you just have to give me your hand and stop trying to go it alone". This almost brought me to tears just thinking of how God does have a plan for me, and even if I don't know it now, I will in His time.

The author also said this which made me think of my time here in Alaska: "God is happy for you to slow down in order to determine where you want to go, what you want to do, and who you want to be. He wants-even expects- you to take responsibility for each area of your life." I felt as if Lynchburg was good, and my "comfort zone" but I had so much going on that I never had time to slow down, search God, and try to figure of where to go, what to do, and discover who I am. Even though Alaska has been hard for me in many ways, it has allowed me the ability to slow down and get away from all the busyness:).

So after my time with the Lord, I went back to Wal-Mart to speak to personnel and then they paged the personnel person they said that they were busy and I would have to come back. GREAT!!!! I thought, but I didn't get discouraged. I went to Sam's to eat lunch with Dina and then I updated my application there. I then went to the "mall" (if you can call it that, it is 1/8 the size of Lynchburg and Chambersburg malls...sad :) ) to ask about employment and no one is hiring. I went to Safeway, and they aren't' hiring. Then I went to Fred Meyer (its like a target and Kroger mixed) and asked about employment. They are hiring but you have to fill out an application online. I went to the Starbucks inside of there and the girl was like "YES! we are hiring now!" she told me where to go online and that I should call a lady tomorrow about an interview and gave me her number. So PLEASE pray that something works! I just REALLY need something!

Now I am back at the house. I have to go back in to Sam's to pick up Dina at 5pm and then we are gong back to the gym to do more cardio and weights and then back here for dinner. So....it has been a good day overall. I will let you know how tomorrow goes. I think I am going to go w/ some peeps to see the new Batman movie :). Talk to you all later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We heard you got a job!!! Congrats!!! We miss you here, and we think and pray about you all the time!! *hug*

~Aimee