Thursday, July 3, 2008

We got Internet!!!

Ok friends, so we FINALLY got internet at the house!!!! There is no such thing as "Free Wi Fi" in Alaska so you have to pay for it by the hour which can get very expensive, but.....after a month we finally got wireless at the house so i will be posting more and more everyday! Yay! You do not realize how much internet affects your daily life until you go w/o it for a month :). Sad but true.

Well...so i have been here for a month, and things are not what i thought they would be. I still have no job because people either think I am "overqualified" b/c i have a Master's degree or they dont like turnaround and are not willing to hire someone for three months. so that has been very frustrating, and not working for two months really does put a hole in your bank account. Last weekend we got a car at a police auction for $350. It seemed like a steal and a blessing but we have had nothing but issues w/ it since we drove it away and now we feel like idiots becuase we feel like we wasted money when we were trying to save it. So yet again we are relying on other people to drive us around and fix out car. I hate having to rely on others to do something all the time. I am so used to doing my own thing and being independent that to ask to do any and everything is not something I like or want to do.

I have seen some beautiful things, but at times have felt like a burden to these people and have often felt very lonely. I keep wondering if I made a bad decision, and have cried more each night here than i have for a very long time, but I know God lead me here for a reason it is just hard to know what that reason is. I will post some pictures and update you all more on what is happening but right now i have a lot of stuff to do because we are planning on going to Anchorage for the 4th of July weekend. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, they are appreciated! I miss you all.

Erin

No comments: