Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How things are going

I know I have said that things have been rough, but here is an update on how things are going. Dina and my car over heated and the guys think we need a new thermostat. It wont be a lot of work but hopefully when we get it, we will have no more problems with it. Dina got a job at Sams Club working at the photo lab, and I am still unemployed. I have to get ahold of the manager at American Eagle so pray that I can get that job! Dina and I joined the local gym The Alaska Club. We went for the first time on Monday and did cardio and weights and they also have a huge pool, hot tub and steam room we can use as well as a variety of classes. This will give us an outlet to get away and do something fun. I have missed the gym. I was used to working out 5 days a week for an hour +, and the past month I havent really gotten to do much physical activity. I have felt down about myself and feel so much better when I work out. The people we live with like to eat out and I find it so hard to eat healthy here because many places do not have health foods. Hopefully this will give me a boost and allow me to get away and do something I love.

I thought about leaving last week, but if the car is ok then I will try to stick it out till September. I really miss my church Brentwood. I miss Pastor Jon's teaching, and I miss all the amazing people there. I cannot wait to go back and be a part of it again. The churches here are hard to sit in. The people do not seem freindly and welcoming, the teaching is not my style, and the worship is not either. Every Sunday I get home sick for my church and cannot wait to get back and be a part of Brentwood again.

Well, it is raining again here and I think we are going to go workout in a bit, so I will post some more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin!! It's good to hear from you!! So are you planning on coming back to Lynchburg in September, or moving on to Texas with Danilee and Tommy and the kids? We miss you too! Evan's party just wasn't the same without you here to plan it! :)

~Aimee

Erin said...

Hey how are you! I hope you are doing well! As of now I think I will at least be back to Lynchburg for a little bit. I really do miss everyone there and it feels like my home. The only problem is finding a well paying job.....so I will be researching here for one before Sept. I would love to move to Dallas, but I just do not feel a peace about it, so unless the Lord changes my heart I think most likely I will not be moving there. I love Danilee and Tommy but I think Dallas is def. for them but not so for me. We will see. Keep praying that the Lord shows me His direction and not my own. talk to you later! Wish I could have been at Evans Party!

erin