Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Time is Here

So it’s been a couple weeks since I last updated. Life is getting busy again: lots of gatherings, lots of activities, and committments but I thrive on busyness.....sometimes it gets to be too much to handle but I would rather be busy than bored with nothing to do. Christmas is next week and it’s hard to believe it’s here. It seems like yesterday I landed in the August heat and humidity at the Philadelphia airport coming back from Alaska.

I know a lot of people are affected by the economy this Christmas, and me being a giving person, this Christmas is very different. I do not have the funds to buy a lot of gifts like I normally do. I love the act of giving but this Christmas I believe will be special for many because a lot of people don’t have the finances to do so. I think this year is a time to reflect on what Christmas is really all about. It gives families the ability to be creative in making homemade gifts, or give nothing at all, just to spend that time with each other and forget all the “commercial” aspects of Christmas time and embrace the birth of Christ and enjoy the time to get together with family and friends you do not see often. I know for me, it has allowed me to take a step back and instead of worrying about what to get everyone on my huge gift list and going in and out of tons of stores to get the “perfect” gift for everyone, I have had time to really enjoy spending time with friends and soon family and just enjoy their company in this season. I think the bad economy has allowed at least me to find simple happiness and joy this holiday season instead of worry, anxiety, and spending tons of money. I am thankful for where I am at, even if I don’t want to be here. This year has been humbling and I am excited to see where the Lord takes me in 2009 :)

No comments: